Im just back home from sch. Had lunch. Tried to open a can of tuna but i had no strength. Wtheck. Why are American cans so damn hard??? My fingers are all throbbing. Nvm, Im waiting for Velda to come back and help me. She's my man. Heehee.
Im feeling the CNY spirit now!!!! During German class, Waiman invited me to her host family's house for CNY dinner next friday!!! She said she'll be cooking up something. So i guess, it'll be fun for me to contribute something Singaporean too!!!!! YAY! Cant wait!!:D
Then I met Mingxiu and she told me we'll be having our own CNY dinner this Sunday at RM! AND AND AND!! She'll be making Yu Sheng!!!!! Yipeeee!!!! I am going to do grocery shopping with her on Friday. Heehee!!!! I hope there are more plans for CNY. and im crossing my fingers that tong's Bak kwa wont get confiscated. hahahahaa!!! She said she'll bring over if it doesnt! hahaha!
Over the weekend, we went to Portland-the land of 0% tax. The highlight of the trip is definitely the NBA match bet Portland Blazers and Indiana Pacers. Both teams are mid range, hence competition is tight. At first Blazers were lagging behind, then they caught up and won Pacers. The atmosphere in the entire stadium was electrifying. Seriously! Im so glad Blazers won, cos everyone there would be damn sad if they lost. Everyone was mad high when blazers was beginning to catch up! hahahahahah!!!
We went to the biggest bookstore in the world too. Its a traditional bookstore. Really charming and HUGE. I had to stop myself from getting more books. Cos i bought a few from Amazon and I might get a Kindle. MIGHT.
Shopping's good too. I bought myself a pair of Onitsuka tiger for 40plus bucks. heehee!!!! Lovely:D
Apparently, Portland is quite famous for its pushcarts. We had thai food from this super cute thai guy. Cute as in not physically but the way he carrys himself. Cheryl ordered in Thai and he gave discounts! hahahahaha!!! The serving was extra large. I had my 'hor fun' for 3 meals. Yummmmy!
Picture time!
Us at Hilton!! Its super comfy! It has been so long since i've stayed at a decent hotel! Shiok!
The crazily huge stadium. Strength was at 20000 that day. For a small match like this!!! I cant imagine the crowd at a lakers game. During the intervals, there was this bowling challenge bet 2 kids. And our section represented one kid. If the kid wins, everybody in our section gets free macs fries!!! AND WE WON!!! can you imagine!!! Of all sections, We got chosen, AND WE WON!!! Muahahahhahaha!!!!
I <3 NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Voodoo doughnuts!!! Their signature doughnut is maple-bacon flavoured. Although it sounds weird, its really good. Perfect complements!!!:D
Scenery along the way, from washington to portland. Oh and i saw a sign stating 'Original Twilight filming site', at this really dodgy diner. hahahah!
Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries! But the shampoo was awful! Smells like ginger. *puke*
Portland is beautiful. It is quiet, clean and the weather was perfect. Cant wait for more weekend trips like this!!:D Mid terms this and next week!! Pls pls pls let them be over soon!!
Im kind of missing CNY in Singapore. At this point of time, we'd be fretting over our 3 days of CNY clothing. What to wear on which day... Parents would be busy delivering goodies to relatives, spring cleaning, last min preparation, trips to the gardens to get more flowers(its never enough). AWWWW! Im sure all of us miss CNY in our house. I'd miss my cousins. I mean im missing them all the time. But during CNY we'd spend alot of time tgt. Gambling, having loads of dinners.....
I'd have to wait till next year then.:(
Ok i gtg to do more work!!!!!!!
Velda's back! and she's gna open her kindle! heeheeee!!! can try hers before deciding if i should get one! But i still prefer to hold a proper book in my hands.
BYEBYEEEEEE!!!
u're definitely NOT missing out. NO CNY MOOD THIS YR. :(
ReplyDeletehow did u get to portland? got drive?
Took greyhound. hahah!!!!! alot of dodgy ppl leh. and its not like the hao hua malaysian coach bus, like grassland. hahahaahahahahahhah!
ReplyDelete